Monday, June 14, 2010

Shame on me

Shame on me for not keeping up with this. All the same, here it goes.

Today: 14.75 miles, about 50 minutes. I started off at Barney's Bike Shop on Chandler Street, and apparently rode around the Holden Reservoir to Salisbury Street. I kept up with the leaders in the group, though it was tiring for me (much more than it was for them). I guess the two in the front like to do "extra credit" bits, and they didn't realize I was right behind them, keeping up. The rest of the group was a few minutes back. Well, all of a sudden, going about 23mph down a hill, they turn abruptly. I was not expecting that, and they were not expecting me to be there, and there was almost a really bad crash. I was able to manage though, and got complimented on my technical skill, and my ability to keep up. It felt good. :)



Saturday: About 30 miles, 15 each way, to hubbardston for a social. It rained, a lot. :/ Leisurely pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment